Quick linksMake an appointment
Make an appointment
HPV Vaccinations – NEW vaccine available which protects against 9 strains.
HPV is a very common virus – around 80% of sexually active people will be infected with the virus at some point in their lifetime.There are numerous types of the Human Papillomavirus which cause different diseases to both males and females. Some of these diseases are:
- Pre-cancerous conditions in the cervix, anus, vulva or vagina
- Genital warts.
It is the third most common cancer in women aged 25-49 in the UK.
Not everyone is eligible for free HPV vaccinations in schools and GP surgeries but getting vaccinated is easy with Park Private Clinic.
Click here for our vaccination price list.
How old to you have to be to have the vaccine?
The new vaccine can be given to those aged 9 and above. The number of doses depend on your age, gender and the schedule (usually over 6 months) in which the vaccines are given.
- Original vaccine (4 types): £150 per dose
- New vaccine (9 types): £190 per dose – this new developed and approved vaccine protects against more strains of the virus
How do you get the virus?
Mainly through sexual contact but can also be passed from mother to child during birth.
What else can you do to be protected?
You can’t be completely protected against HPV but you can reduce the risk by:
- Getting vaccinated
- Using condoms and limiting your number of sexual partners
- Being aware of any changes or unusual symptoms in your genital area
- Women can have cervical smear tests where appropriate
More information on the vaccines can be found by clicking on: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.19033.latest.pdf and http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.32241.latest.pdf
Please note that vaccination courses started with one HPV vaccine should be completed with the same vaccine.